The Biodiversity Heritage Library (BHL) is a consortium of natural history and botanical libraries that cooperate to digitize and make accessible the legacy literature of biodiversity held in their collections and to make that literature available for open access and responsible use as a part of a global “biodiversity commons.”
The BHL has digitized millions of pages of taxonomic literature, representing tens of thousands of titles and over 100,000 volumes.
- Academy of Natural Sciences Library and Archives
- California Academy of Sciences
- Carl Linnaeus Collection
- Charles Darwin's Library (Books that were a part of Charles Darwin's personal collection).
- Curious and Bizarre Creatures
- Ernst Mayr Library of the MCZ, Harvard University
- Extinct Species
- Dinosaurs, dodos, and more
- Field Museum Library
- MBLWHOI Library, Woods Hole
- Notable Women in Natural History
- UNEP-WCMC Collection
Go to BHL at: http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/